Jane Says...

Jane in full swing...

Friday, February 06, 2004

My sister and mother are down for an impromptu visit. I received a call a day or so ago that told me that they would be down the follow day. So I prepared the house and the mind for the visit.

My mother can be a bit vulgar at times, but she is a sweetheart. She would give you the world if she could. My sister DeeDee has the same heart, so when she got there last night (and she's seven months pregnant, too) she looked like death warmed over and so stressed out that she was crying most of the time.

Apparently she and her husband are having problems. He's a military recruiter and is working his ass off. She's a stay at home mom for 2 kids and has one on the way. PLUS, one of my nephews has special needs and she's constantly at the doctors with him. She's new to the area that she's in and has yet to make any friends and the closest family member is 5 hrs away.

I listened to her talk to her husband on the phone last night and couldn't get past the hurt in her voice. She loves her family and he is put in high pressure position where he is working long hours and trying to be a family man, and she feels that she is doing it on her own. He feels that the family and job are too much and thinks that maybe he needs to be single. I think he needs a little time to himself and then a swift kick in the ass.

With all my issues with the donor, I don't happen to have to worry about him supporting me. I can take care of myself and I'm not scared of being on my own. My sister isn't the same. She's always been in a relationship and now that she has kids, if she divorces, which was in the discussion last night, she doesn't know what to do.

Sometimes I wish that life were simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home