Jane Says...

Jane in full swing...

Friday, February 13, 2004

A funny thing happened on the way to Walmart. Actually, Mr. Winky and I were leaving Walmart when it happened. First you will need some history.

Mr. Winky is a member of a crisis type team. Dealing with stress management and so on. Earlier in my pregnancy, when I wasn't nearly as pronounced as I am now, we went to dinner with a member of his team, Dan and his spouse, Linda. The dinner was to scope out a place for his annual awards meeting.

At that time Linda was 7 months pregnant and that was pretty much all we discussed. She had no clue that I was pregnant. They were nice people and when we discussed what I did for a living they were interested in my product, so I sold them on it and started seeing them a bit more. So when the annual dinner came around I fully expected to get an invite from Mr. W. NOT SO.... Apparently he didn't want anyone knowing that he was going to be a father, again. So.... I didn't get invited after he showed me the invitations, introduced me to his friends and let me build up a working relationship with them. Oh and took me hunting for the place. It was not a nice thing to do. I digress.

This past week we went to Walmart and ran into Dan and Linda. They noticed that I was a little bit pregnant and seemed a little surprised that I was sooooo far along without letting anyone know. Now tell me. Who looks like an ass? Me or Mr. Winky?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home