Jane Says...

Jane in full swing...

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Sometimes people force me to view things in a different light. I don't always like it, but I try to listen.

I told a co-worker what was going on with my sister and she said that it was good that he was getting out, that my sister shouldn't have had that many kids and that she should have known this was going to happen.

What the hell??? I can understand that they are too young to have all those kids, but Dee can't predict that kind of thing. When people marry, in my opinion, they are making a commitment for life. If you join together with God and family as witnesses, don't you think that is a commitment? Maybe it's just too easy to get out. People don't have to work at a relationship anymore. They don't have to meet their vows that they made, because the law says that divorce is the easy way out. Granted, there are situations that warrant a divorce but, being stressed out and not wanting to be around people for a while, isn't one of them!

I'm trying to be impartial about the whole thing, but my co-workers comments just irritated the living hell out of me. I don't blame her husband for wanting time. Everyone needs time, but I think he is trying to take the easy way out and it's going to burn him. He needs to rethink what he is doing and give it some time. If he's with another woman, then he needs to work it through and get it out of his system. Maybe I'm too liberal with my thinking. If Mr. Winky and I were married and he cheated on me, I'd be pissed, but I wouldn't want to wreck my marriage over it. If I were cheating it would be the same way. It's just sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home