Jane Says...

Jane in full swing...

Monday, April 19, 2004

He's never coming out. I'm convinced that he will never see the light of day. I must have made it too comfortable or something for him. He just seems to have it made. Gets lots of cushion, warmth, food, and gives me the heartburn. Why in the world would he come out? Would you?

Technically I'm not due until next week. That is the day that the docs are sticking with. The 30th. If he's not here by then, then we need to talk about inducing me, cause I can't do it anymore. If he goes over 40 weeks I'm going to have a fit the likes that noone has ever seen.

My docs say that I'm doing great on bedrest. I've lost 2lbs and I've stabilized the blood pressure, the urine is clean. However, I do have group B strep. Apparently, it is some sort of common bacteria that people carry around. They treat it with anti-biotics during labor. It can cause the baby to die if they contract it, which can definitely happen. They can develop menegitis and other infections of the spine or brain. It's weird that they wouldn't just give me a c-section in order to avoid the transmitting of the bacteria. The stuff I read said that they wouldn't get it that way, or at least the chance was slim to none.

As for everything else, it's going. The donor's ex-wife, who he is still in love with, made the baby a blanket. It's cute. The boys picked out the fabric, so they have the Lion King, Fairly Odd Parents , zebra and tie-dye all rolled into one quilt. It was very nice of her. Does it seem odd that I don't dislike his ex-wife, but his ex-girlfriend irritates the hell out of me?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home