Jane Says...

Jane in full swing...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It's good to be home

I am so very happy to be home. Even if it is a mess. Two weeks on the road is just way too long for me. I didn't realize how much of a home body I have become.

Mardi Gras was awesome, although it looked pretty grim starting out. The donor and I met up at the airport and he took me back to the Renaissance Arts Hotel on Tchapatolous {sic}. It was gorgeous. Art deco and bright colors. All me. The room had plush towels and down comforters. Ahhhh.....

We went to dinner at the restaurant downstairs. LA COTE is the name. French cuisine. Expensive, but good. Then we adjourned upstairs for a little romance. No baby, no TV, just the donor pounding into me from behind. My head buried in the pillows, his body lying on mine. My stomach was pressed against the mattress and just as the donor came I pushed him off and ran to the bathroom in pain. FOOD POISONING!!!! I was so sick. We almost went to the hospital to have my stomach pumped. It was pretty bad. I'm not sure what it was that did it, but I was a little leery of La Cote.

The second day came with a torrent of rain, but I was not about to be kept inside. I dressed warmly and went shopping in the French Quarter. Then I saw a street performer shivering in the rain. She was nice, welcomed me to N.O. and we went our separate ways. I went to Cafe' du Monde to warm up and saw the woman again. I bought her a Late' and something to eat. It was too cold for her to be standing out there. She was trying to make her rent by being out there. It was sad.

That evening the donor and I saw a small parade and got some beads. We went back to the hotel and were playing around. He pushed me out of bed and I decided to dive back in. It was pitch black, so it was a blind jump, but I still saw stars. Crack!!!! He brought his knees up to protect his groin and hit me in the nose. I think it might be broken. It still hurts. Oh, I cried.....

Fortunately, that was the end of the bad start. The weather cleared, I hit bourbon St. and saw a guy in a pink babydoll nighty, thongs and combat boots, and we got to enjoy the Muses parade. Simon got a shoe.... it's a Muses thing. He was so excited. We also got TONS of beads.

The baby missed me. He was all smiles when I went to pick him up. I missed him, too. I didn't realize how much I would! I stayed with my sister for a week, and met up with the donor on the weekend. We went out on Saturday and got drunk.

I found out that my baby sister gets beat up by her boyfriend. I told her to come and stay with me, but she won't. She got engaged to him this weekend. I don't understand that. I won't go into it, but I'm really frustrated and upset by the whole thing.

I did get something accomplished between the boozing and the sickness that fell everyone. My nephew is now in school. His crack head mother wouldn't take him to get registered. So I took him and got his shots, his sscard and registered him for school. Some parents just don't deserve their children.

Now I'm home and things are back to normal. Miller/EJ is cock blocking the donor and I have a mess to clean up.

It's good to be home.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger magdala said...

Welcome home! Only you, Jane, could have such a trip!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

welcome home! what a trip, huh? lol

ps-where are the wet nuts?

~carrie~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home